Emily began producing theatre while she was an English student at the University of Cambridge, between 2014 and 2017. She took on various theatre projects over the three years of her degree, including an adaptation of Othello, set in 2015 with a female Othello and Iago, and a staged version of Anthony Minghella’s radio play Cigarettes and Chocolate. (Full list below) She also financially managed the Watersprite Film Festival and the Newnham College June Event (biennial ball). She then interned for three months with Fuel Theatre in the summer of her second year.
In addition to producing student projects, she focused the final year of her degree on theatre modules, studying visual culture and tragedy, and writing a dissertation on the role of female actors in contemporary performances of Shakespeare and another on the impact of violence on children in Caryl Churchill’s work.
She now works as a freelance theatre producer and administrator in London. She is Metta Theatre‘s full-time administrator, where she works on mid-scale touring productions, and independently produces small-scale work in fringe venues.
- Producer, The Overcoat, 4-6 October at The Omnibus, Clapham and 10-14 October at The OSO Arts Centre, Barnes
- Administrator, Metta Theatre
- Administrator, The Fisher Consort
- Producer, Cigarettes and Chocolate, 1st-2nd February 2017, ADC Theatre, Cambridge
- Producer, Marlowe Society Annual Showcase, directed by Nicholas Barter, Corpus Playroom, Cambridge and Jermyn Street Theatre, London, November 2016
- Producing intern, Fuel Theatre, July-October 2016
- Producer, Mixtape, Edinburgh Fringe, August 2016
- Treasurer, Newnham College June Event, Tuesday 14th June 2016
- Producer, A Little Night Music, May 2016, ADC Theatre, Cambridge
- Treasurer, Watersprite International Student Film Festival, March 2016, Cambridge
- Assistant Producer, Tribes, November 2015, ADC Theatre, Cambridge
- Producer, The Pirates of Penzance, November 2015, Robinson Auditorium, Cambridge
- Assistant Producer, The Grand Duke, August 2015, Student International G&S Festival, Harrogate
- Producer, Othello, May 2015, ADC Theatre, Cambridge
- Producer, Dreaming With Dali, February 2015, Corpus Playroom, Cambridge
- Producer, L’Escargot, January/February 2015, The Pleasance Theatre, London, and Corpus Playroom, Cambridge